The Joy minnow traps were made originally by the Witherspoon-Simpson
Glass Company in Fort Smith, Arkansas in about 1934. The Johnson Glass
Company began producing them later, around 1937(?). There were two sizes
produced, a small quart size, and a gallon size. Originally produced with
galvanized metal bands, many were made with a wire frame and handle in
later years. Both the banded and wire frame models were found in tackle
stores well into the '60s. The small and large versions were available
from the Montgomery Ward catalog and other retailers.